Manage episode 245792771 series 2494606
It is wildfire season people and if you live in California right now then you know that seemingly the entire southern half of the state is on fire. A fire could mean absolute devastation to your home, your way of life, and definitely your pond. Eric is here today to offer a fire emergency pond evacuation plan. Even if you do not live in California or a fire-prone area, you should definitely take note because no one is ever expecting a fire to come near their home or pond, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared.
Eric shares his insight on:
- Dealing with the losses of power due to preventative shutdowns
- What to do with and without a backup generator
- Knowing when to feed and when not to feed
- Avoiding the potential devastation caused by ash fallout
- Preparing for the possibly inevitable evacuation
- Importance of covering your pond when close enough to the fire
- Rescue efforts when it comes to the aftermath
Links to resources:
If you’re looking for inspiration and tips for your pond, be sure to follow The Pond Digger’s Instagram!
You can also check out The Pond Digger’s products at:
And follow his adventures in the pond world at:
If you have any questions, feel free to email Eric with the subject line “Persuasive Pond Design” at: