Manage episode 264391266 series 2707997
Please welcome Ratih Sutrisno, the Communications & Outreach Coordinator at Transition US, the national hub representing the Transition Movement in the United States. This is a grassroots movement and method of communities coming together to reimagine and rebuild our world. It’s based on fostering a deeper connection and acting locally to become self-sufficient and build community resilience. In this episode, we chat about:
- What are transition towns?
- The core principles of the Transition Network and how it went from a local movement to a global initiative
- Tangible benefits that towns and communities have experienced by implementing these principles
- Common obstacles when getting started and how to overcome them
- Steps to get started in your own community!
Grab the 10 Stories of Transition in the US book to learn more and see some success stories.
Connect with the Transition Network:
International Website https://transitionnetwork.org
National Hub https://www.transitionus.org/
Donate to the Community Resilience Stimulus Fund: https://www.transitionus.org/stimulus
And be sure to check out our sponsor, OSEA! Use code POSITIVELYGREEN10 for $10 off your first purchase of $50+.