Manage episode 264391264 series 2707997
We’re heading to the polls and chatting all about voting today! We interview Nathaniel Stinnett, founder of the Environmental Voter Project, a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that aims to significantly increase voter demand for environmental leadership by identifying inactive environmentalists and then turning them into consistent activists and voters.
- Quinta MKE CSA box
- Grassway Organics
- Kelsey’s Holistic Home eBook (code positivelygreen for 15% off)
Topics covered in this episode:
- How the Environmental Voter Project got started
- The effect of COVID-19 on voter turnout this year
- Why does environmental policy always sit lowest on the voting totem poll?
- How EVP actually identifies, engages, and mobilizes inactive voters and the challenges that come with that
- Pressing environmental issues that exist right now
- Results that EVP has seen from their efforts
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to stay up to date with all of the latest episodes. You can also follow along with us on Instagram @positivelygreenpodcast.