The Present Beyond Measure Show: Data Visualization, Storytelling & Presentation for Digital Marketers
Breaking Down the Marketer - Developer Silos with Simo Ahava
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 13, 2020 12:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 207226218 series 83204
*Note: This is episode 033 - the introduction calls this episode 034 - you did not miss an episode
Simo Ahava is a recognized expert with a cult-like following on customizing web analytics and tag management solutions to improve the entire “life cycle” of data collection, processing, and reporting. He is the Senior Data Advocate at Reaktor and also writes a popular blog on all things Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager development. Google has appointed him as a Google Developer Expert.
Simo is especially interested in the interface between marketing and development, and his focus is on increasing awareness, skills, and critical thinking around data. And in this episode, Simo brings his extensive knowledge of website development, along with ideas for achieving an integrated marketer / developer ecosystem by dropping silo’s and labels, and advice for presenting and growing by observing and taking risks.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- How Simo’s website development journey began when he was 12 or 13 years old and built his first website.
- His methods for shaping his presentations around the knowledge of his current audience, and his emphasis on ensuring he speaks at a level that educates and also inspires growth.
- His views on authority being earned by actions instead of granted by title.
- How we are all hybrid beings and the importance of workplaces dropping labels and silo’s to allow for integrated work.
- His ideas for changing incentives from encouraging individual performance, and instead motivating everyone working toward a common goal.
- The importance of giving presentations for the purpose of knowledge sharing, and how and when not to deliver a sales pitch.
- His advice about taking the good advice from the people you respect, but to also take intelligent risks.
Resources & Links Mentioned
- Learn more about Matt Gershoff.
- Learn more about Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic. * Code Academy. * Scrum Alliance Website.
To view the show notes & resources for this episode, visit LeaPica.com/033.