Manage episode 294068893 series 129743
This week's show is with Marcela Widrig, founder of Fierce Embodiment. Marcela teaches women to un-do old beliefs, hurts and fears, and the way they limit you in your life today. She trained extensively with the Grinberg Method® for over 18 years, and continued her development with Embodied Movement training, Body-mind Centering®, Embodied Flow™ yoga and Motion Theatre®. This combination of somatic bodywork, movement training, breath and expressive arts has given her a rich variety of body-centered tools to guide clients through trauma and emotional challenges, to reach those un-met places we all have inside of us. She offers a 4-month signature course, called Shifting Shame: An Embodied Journey to Freedom and monthly movement series and workshops.
In this show we spoke about Marcela's work around understanding how shame is held in body, and how by working through this, we can reclaim power, joy, freedom, expression, choices.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week's show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.What you'll learn from this episode:
- In order to integrate what's been held in shame we have to include the body - given that's where shame is held, how could it be another way?
- Because being in connection with our shame is too hard, we will have mechanisms to protect from feeling it - so the shame of our shame can be the first place to start instead
- To take a step on this journey, notice your chronic reactions: what do you constantly find yourself doing? That is a door. Then notice how it shows up in your body, and see if you plant your feet on the ground, breathe and move into the experience.
- Marcela Widrig's Official Website: Fierce Embodiment
- MOVEMENT CLASSES and WORKSHOPS, Live and Online starts 2nd to 2rd JUNE 2021
- Shifting Shame: an Embodied Journey to Freedom (Next journey begins September 2021)
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Thank you! Lian & Jonathan