Manage episode 244972387 series 2322877
This episode is sponsored by HoneyBook. HoneyBook is an online business management tool that organizes your client communications, bookings, contracts, and invoices – all in one place. HoneyBook makes it simple to run your business better. Professional templates, e-signatures and built in automation keeps everything on track and makes you look good. right now, HoneyBook is offering listeners of this podcast 50% off when you visit http://honeybook.com/timecrafting. Payment is flexible, and this promotion applies whether you pay monthly or annually.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who's interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer when Winter registration opens up on October 25th as it is only valid until December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
This episode is sponsored by MeetEdgar. I've been using MeetEdgar to help me pay greater attention to what I share on social media, when I share it, and how I share it. One element of my work that is going to be impacted by using MeetEdgar is that I can give greater attention to areas of my work outside of social media - like the book I'm working on - because MeetEdgar will take care of my social media needs. If you want to give MeetEdgar a try, visit meetedgar.com/timecrafting and use the code timecrafting to receive an extended 60-day free trial!
I wanted to have Wade back on the show to explore the genesis of Zapier as well as how automation has worked for him over the years. We talked about his own to do list, who inspires and motivates him through their work and so much more during our conversation. I'm pleased to have him return as a guest on the show and hope you enjoy this revisited and reframed discussion.
- Wade shares a bit about Zapier (2:29)
- Where has Zapier gone since its inception? How has it evolved? (3:41)
- Is there such a thing as "too much automation"? What trips people up when they are trying to automate? (6:07)
- Here's what Wade thinks Zapier - and automation - is helping people focus on to help out with their productivity (8:56)
- Wade shares how you can make time to automate - and why you should (11:03)
- Here's one thing that you can't automate on the whole... but can automate in parts (13:55)
- How Wade started automating - and how he keeps at it (21:24)
- What automation has freed Wade up to do more of (23:23)
- Does Wade keeps a to do list? Here's how he structures his weeks (25:10)
- How Wade breaks down big things - like projects (27:02)
- What about home or personal automation? What does Wade do on that front? (28:15)
- Where does Wade draw inspiration from? (29:18)
- These are the particular pieces of writing and content that Wade refers to consistently to stay on track (31:15)
- We talk about scale and how Zapier plans to scale (33:35)
- How does Jeff Bezos's quote "Focus on the things that don't change" play a role in Wade's company and his own life (36:30)
- A Closer Look at Automation with Wade Foster | The Productivityist Podcast
- Thinking Fast and Slow
- Signal v. Noise | Basecamp
- The Hard Things About Hard Things
- I Ran the Full Text of Jeff Bezos's 23 Amazon Shareholder Letters Through a Word Cloud Generator, and the Insights Were Astonishing | Inc.com
- 1,000 True Fans | The Technium
- The Innovator's Dilemma
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of The Week: Process
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.