Manage episode 242440257 series 2322877
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who's interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer soon as it is only valid until December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
This episode is brought to you by Blinkist. It’s hard to find the time to sit down to read and learn more. When you don’t have free time, you can’t read or work on personal development. Blinkist is an incredible app that solves this problem and I highly recommend it. I've been a satisfied customer for years and I'd love for you to join me. Head to https://www.blinkist.com/timecrafting and start your 7 day free trial today AND get 25% off a new subscription!
Charlie and I have been friends for years and we see eye yo eye and a lot in the world of personal productivity. This book has been a long time coming and we spend time discussing the building of the book, the role of pacing in productivity, the idea of the "thrash" and how it impacts finishing, and much more. There's a lot to unpack in this episode and I'm really happy to bring to you. Enjoy!
- We talk about the relationship between starting and finishing to the calendar (4:28)
- How important is pacing when it comes to productivity? (6:32)
- Charlie explains where folks like him and I can get in trouble (8:45)
- How does someone keep themselves from getting run over by other projects when they are focusing on other ones? (10:32)
- This is something that didn't make the cut during the editing process of Charlie's book (12:25)
- Charlie says that this is one of the pillars of productivity (14:09)
- What is thrashing? (16:24)
- What does Charlie think about making all projects...well, projects? (17:12)
- How did Charlie deal with thrashing during the writing of his book? (26:54)
- Charlie talks about getting past the "hard side of things" (36:30)
- Start Finishing
- Productive Flourishing
- The Productivityist Podcast: Jon Acuff
- The Productivityist Podcast: Cal Newport
- The Productivityist Podcast: James Clear
- The Productivityist Podcast: Josh Kaufman
- The Productivityist Podcast: Austin Kleon
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.