Manage episode 246196147 series 2322877
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
This episode is sponsored by MeetEdgar. I've been using MeetEdgar to help me pay greater attention to what I share on social media, when I share it, and how I share it. One element of my work that is going to be impacted by using MeetEdgar is that I can give greater attention to areas of my work outside of social media - like the book I'm working on - because MeetEdgar will take care of my social media needs. If you want to give MeetEdgar a try, visit meetedgar.com/timecrafting and use the code timecrafting to receive an extended 60-day free trial!
Some of the things we discuss during our conversation include what people can do to make sure they are starting on the right foot with others, why putting people first plays a role in your productivity, and the things you can do so that you an start with people first.
- Brian speaks about the idea of "deciding" and the concept of the daily decision (2:22)
- The nuanced approach to creating harmony between the needs of your people and your own needs (5:23)
- This is The One Hour Exchange... and how you make it happen in a way that works for you (7:24)
- What steps should someone take if they want to start off on the right foot when "starting with their people" (10:24)
- Brian loves personality tests. Here are the four he likes the best. (23:31)
- Brian challenges you to pick one day to do this (33:26)
- What does it mean to adopt a mentality of abundance? (38:40)
- I learned this about Mr. Rogers (41:43)
- What can you do to start starting with people today? (42:52)
"The pebble rarely sees the ripple...my job is to make an impact on the people in my life and I will never necessarily know the impact that they make as a result of me impacting them. But I can hold my head up high or put my head on the pillow at night and say 'job well done.'" - Brian Dixon
- Start with Your People: The Daily Decision that Changes Everything
- Episode 203: The Evolution of Getting Things Done with David Allen
- The Clarity Sessions
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types
- 5 AM Miracle: The Daily Decision that Changes Everything with Brian Dixon
- Episode 265: Bringing Gratitude with Karl Staib
- Brian's Website
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: Typology
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.