Manage episode 252539604 series 2322877
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
Adam has a slew of additional accolades to his name, one of which is that in 2013, Adam made the first ever attempt to row unsupported across the Atlantic Ocean from Africa to America, the subject of the NBC Dateline Documentary, Capsized. It was great to have Adam in the studio to talk about his new book, the idea of providence and patience, what he believes the evolution of SMART goals is, and much more.
- How does failure and Adam's knowledge on that play into his book? (2:04)
- What does Adam think responsibility means? (5:01)
- Adam shares with me the idea of providence (8:51)
- This is what Adam uses instead of SMART goals (20:43)
- How important is it to truly understand your values and how that ties into ethics (30:11)
- Adam and I talk about deciding where to spend your time and how to come to those decisions (33:20)
- We (finally) get to talk about patience and its role when you know that you have plenty you want to accomplish in a short timespan... like an athletic career (45:21)
"You visualize the end point and you want the end point to be there now because you can see it, yet you have to put in the work." - Adam Kreek
- Free Solo
- Matt D'Avella | YouTube
- The Responsibility Ethic | Amazon
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: Focused
Take my 30 Days of TimeCrafting fundamentals course
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.