Host of the "Airline Pilot Guy" podcast and one of the most senior airline pilots flying--Captain Jeff
Manage episode 233649020 series 2481550
Jeff Nielsen, also known as “Capt. Jeff” is the host of the very successful "Airline Pilot Guy" Podcast. After seven years in the U.S. Air Force as a C-141B and T-37 Instructor Pilot, he was hired by a very large, international “legacy” airline (we refer to it as “Acme Air”). His 30 year airline career has included flight time in the B-727 (all seats), L-1011 (First Officer), and the “Mad Dog” MD-88/90 (Captain).
I had a great time talking with Capt. Jeff. He has the calm demeanor and soothing voice you'd expect from a senior airline pilot. He has a wide breath of aviation knowledge and is the subject matter expert on being an airline pilot. In order, we talk about:
- Day in the life (minute 8:30)
- Difference between Air Force and civilian flying (minute 12:30)
- Routines-traveling (minute 18:45)
- Routines-flying: (minute 20:30)
- How flying in the airlines changed over the years (minute 24:45)
- The function of a flight engineer (minute 29:00)
- Future of the industry including automation (minute 41:30).
- Advice for people getting into the airlines (minute 49:00)
- Common issues new airline pilots have (minute 51:00)
- His podcast--Airline Pilot Guy (minute 52:30)
Check out all the interviews at https://www.professionalsplaybook.com
Instagram/ Facebook-- @justinfighterpilot
19 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 52 mins duration .