Manage episode 246405331 series 2478169
From growing his property portfolio to hosting his own property podcast to writing his first property book, Rob Smallbone is really on its way to take over the property world!
In this episode of The Property Regeneration Podcast—and also the first part of a two-part special—Rachel interviews Rob Smallbone. Rob shares to all of us his newest book. What’s inside? Why does this stand out among other property books? He also details today how he was able to arrive at this monumental part of his career right now. Tune in to discover more.
- Rob Smallbone’s property journey was planned Before he entered the field, he was already learning so much—reading books, listening to podcasts, attending training, etc. He did this during his free time while he was growing his businesswith his partner.
- Writing a book wasn’t in the primary plan, but everything seems to move towards it. Everything was going great and he wanted to share the stuff he has already learn to others in a more specific and more concise way.
- Buy-to-let might not be for everybody, so Rob wants topresent ways that can cater to anyone.
- It’s not always butterflies and unicorns when property investing just like any business. It’s true that there’s unlimited wealth that can be possibly achieved,but building your team, dealing with finances, and others can be difficult too.
- Helping people through the podcast he produces and the book he’s about to launch has been a veryfun and fulfilling for Rob. But Rob wants to remind everyone that no matter how much you are enjoying, set your own boundaries, and always prioritise yourself and your values.
- Some of Rob’s suggested books:
- Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals by Brian Tracy
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- “We wanted a way on how we can replicate the traveling lifestyle.”
- “It was never my intention when I started in property to end up writing a book.”
- “There is really no wrong or right way of doing property.”
- “When you get involved into something, you put a lot of time into it… it’s all worthwhile.”
- ”Dowhat works for you and do what works for you.”
- Buy-to-Let: How to Get Startedby Rob Smallbone | Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Buy-Let-How-Get-Started/dp/1916030599
- Property Wanderer
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Smallbone is the author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller Buy To Let: How To Get Started, co-host of The Property Nomads Podcast and a property investor and mentor. Rob is a strategic visionary with an excellent capacity for out-of-the-box thinking and analysis. Having travelled to 45 countries, his passion for financial and time freedom drives his motivation for success.
- Podcast links: I-Tunes - https://apple.co/2UdfXXY| Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2Wvxk3I | Stitcher - https://bit.ly/2uC2RVr
ABOUT THE GUEST
Rachel enjoys orienteering with her husband, swimming or playing the Ukulele in her spare time. She has over 11years of experience in the construction industry delivery projects up to £300 million within budget, time and quality; therefore, the agreed return on capital employed.
You can contact Rachel Gros on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07495 451127.