Manage episode 197711615 series 57115
Dr. Mithu Storoni is a Cambridge-educated physician, researcher and author, interested in chronic stress and its implications on mental well-being, decision-making, performance, and brain health. In her latest book STRESS PROOF – the scientific solution to protect your brain and body and be more resilient every day, she takes cutting-edge research findings from over 500 published studies and distills them into hundreds of lifestyle-based tricks to help our brains achieve improved mental clarity, increased tranquility, sharper focus, and heightened performance.
In our conversation, Mitthu shares with us:
- The physical symptoms of stress
- Tips to improve your emotional regulation
- The perils of rumination and how to overcome it
- The physiological differences between acute and chronic stress
- The benefits of different kinds of meditation (mindfulness, open-monitoring, etc.)
- The research on how lifestyle interventions (ie. The mind diet, cognitive training) can be used to treat chronic stress
You can find Mithu’s book Stress Proof on Amazon.
Follow Mithu on Twitter @StoroniMithu.