Manage episode 201332299 series 57115
Today I’m really excited to have Max Lugavere on the podcast. Max is a filmmaker, health and science journalist, and brain food expert. He is also the director of the upcoming film Bread Head, the first-ever documentary about dementia prevention through diet and lifestyle, and he is co-author, with Dr. Paul Grewal, of the just released book, Genius Foods.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- How he got into his line of work
- How Alzheimer’s may be prevented through diet
- The biomarkers of aging
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
- How to understand research on diet and medicine
- Genius foods you can add to your diet right now
- His supplement regime
- The importance of gut health
- The Hygiene Hypothesis on the rise of autoimmune diseases
- The only fruits he recommends for a healthy diet
- Cholesterol—not bad after all?
- The emerging research on “psychobiotics” (treating psychological disorders with probiotics)
- Stress, sleep and exercise
- Metabolic health and the brain
Get his book Genius Foods, which is out now
169 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 53 mins duration .