Manage episode 203114824 series 57115
It’s great to have Dr. Robert Leahy on the podcast today. Dr. Leahy completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania Medical School under the direction of Dr. Aaron Beck, the founder of cognitive therapy. Dr. Leahy is the past president of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, past president of the International Association of Cognitive Psychotherapy, past president of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, director of the American Institute for Cognitive Therapy (NYC), and a clinical professor of psychology in psychiatry at Weill-Cornell University Medical School.
Dr. Leahy has received the Aaron T. Beck award for outstanding contributions in cognitive therapy, and he is author and editor of 25 books, including The Worry Cure, which received critical praise from the New York Times and has been selected by Self Magazine as one of the top eight self-help books of all time. His latest book is The Jealousy Cure: Learn to Trust, Overcome Possessiveness, and Save Your Relationship.
- Why Dr. Lahey wrote The Anxiety Cure
- The new science of jealousy
- How jealousy differs from envy
- Why jealousy evolved
- What is the downside of intense jealousy?
- Why we don’t want to get rid of jealousy
- Are men and women equally jealous?
- The relationship between attachment style and jealousy
- What if there really is a reason to be jealous?
- What are some practical techniques that people can use to cope with their jealousy?
- The importance of normalizing jealousy
169 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 53 mins duration .