Manage episode 218239802 series 57115
Today we have Dr. Justin Lehmiller on the podcast. Dr. Lehmiller is a Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute and author of the book Tell Me What you Want: The Science of Sexual Desire and How It Can Help You Improve Your Sex Life. Lehmiller is an award winning educator, having been honored three times with the Certificate of Teaching Excellence from Harvard University, where he taught for several years. He is also a prolific researcher and scholar who has published more than 40 pieces of academic writing to date, including a textbook entitled The Psychology of Human Sexuality.
On this episode we cover a wide range of provocative and fascinating findings from the largest survey on sexual fantasies of all time. Topics include:
- The most common sexual fantasies among humans
- The most taboo sexual fantasy category
- Fantasy vs. desire
- Reducing shame for the content of one’s sexual fantasies
- The relationship between the fantasy-prone personality and sexual fantasies
- The importance of sexual self-actualization for well-being
- The benefits of open communication of our fantasies with our partners
- Sexual orientation vs. sexual flexibility
- The truth behind widely held stereotypes about BDSM
- Gender differences in sexual fantasies
- What your sexual fantasies say about you
- The sexiest superhero
- OCD and gender bending
- Does size really matter?
- Which fantasy is the least likely to work out when it’s actually acted out?
- How can more people turn their fantasies into reality in a healthy way?
- How can we break the barriers in society that prevent us from properly communicating our sexual desires?