Manage episode 223232259 series 57115
In this episode we discuss:
- How serious is the replication crisis in psychology?
- Can the human social realm ever be removed from scientific critique?
- Do psychologists need to grow a thicker skin?
- Academic bullying vs. respectful critique
- Is there a gendered element to bullying in science?
- Is ego depletion real?
- Methodological issues with the ego depletion paradigm
- Real world ego depletion vs. laboratory-based ego depletion
- The lack of correspondence between self-report measures of self-control and performance measures
- The importance of distinguishing between self-control and self-regulation
- The paradoxical relationship between trait self-control and state self-control
- The "law of least work" or why we are so lazy most of the time
- The psychology of boredom
169 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 53 mins duration .