Manage episode 231573665 series 57115
Today it’s great to have Ruth Richards on the podcast. Dr. Richards is a psychologist, psychiatrist, professor at Saybrook University, and Fellow of the American Psychological Association. She has published numerous articles, edited/written three previous books on everyday creativity, and received the Rudolf Arnheim Award for Outstanding Lifetime Achievement (Division 10, American Psychological Association). Dr. Richards sees dynamic creative living as central to individuals and cultures, and a new worldview. Her latest book is called “Everyday Creativity and the Healthy Mind: Dynamic New Paths for Self and Society”, which recently won the won a Nautilus Silver Award.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is “everyday creativity”?
- What is “universal creative potential”?
- All the ways people can do things differently
- The four P’s of creativity
- Openness and creativity
- Chaos and complexity in creativity
- The role of the unconscious mind in creativity
- The link between mental illness and creativity
- The controlled chaos of creativity
- The healing function of creativity
- Can consciousness get in the way of creativity?
- Can creativity heal the world?