Manage episode 234261652 series 57115
“There is a surplus of charismatic leaders with a fascinating dark side.” — Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic
Today it’s great to have Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic on the podcast. Tomas is the Chief Talent Scientist at ManpowerGroup, a professor of business psychology at University College London and at Columbia University, and an associate at Harvard’s Entrepreneurial Finance Lab. He’s the author of Why Do So Many Incompetent Men Become Leaders? (And How to Fix It) as well as 9 other books, and over 160 scientific publications. He is the co-founder of DeeperSignals and Metaprofiling and a regular contributor to HBR, FastCompany, and BusinessInsider. You can find him on Twitter @drtcp or at www.drtomas.com.
- Limitations of the “lean in” approach
- Tomas’s alternative explanation for the existence of gender differences in leadership
- How people focus more on confidence than competence
- How we emphasize charisma more than humility
- How we are more likely to select narcissistic individuals for leadership positions than people with integrity
- Gender differences in narcissism
- Is masculinity necessarily toxic?
- Why we waste so much money on unconscious bias training
- How do we get more women in leadership roles?
- The better way to select talented people in the workplace than using gender quotas
- Do nice guys finish last?
172 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 54 mins duration .