Manage episode 303611956 series 2491739
Why me? is transformed into Why not me? with MeiLani Hock’s outlook. That includes the family hardships that she’s endured, the unexpected obstacles with properties and the success in real estate ventures and reaching lifetime dreams. The Cary, North Carolina-based mother of five, award-winning real estate investor and founder of Why NOT Me? Academy works to ignite other peoples’ passions through her coaching, so that they can stop dreaming and start doing.
When MeiLani’s two-year-old son was diagnosed with brain cancer, she knew she had to make a change. She couldn’t push her dreams aside any longer. With the support of her husband and children, she quit her sales job and dove into real estate investing. MeiLani has used her ingenuity and creativity to make short-term rentals work for her when house-flipping and new construction projects posed more challenges and burnout than rewards. She has found the sweet spot of hospitality and real estate through Airbnb and continues to develop a substantial portfolio and stream of income.
Tune into this week’s emotional, heartwarming, and inspirational episode of the Real Estate InvestHER Show to hear more about MeiLani’s story. Learn how she overcame the heartbreak of her son’s diagnosis, battled through the rocky start of her real estate ventures, and embraced her inner entrepreneur to get the most out of her short-term rentals and start her own business. She offers invaluable insight on shifting attitudes to shift outcomes, as well as practical tips on how Airbnb can elevate a real estate investment and provide an alternative income stream.
• “It’s not a matter of if hard things are going to come, it’s a matter of when.” (9:59-10:02)
• “Hocks do hard things. We can all do hard things.” (10:15-10:18)
• “There have been many times in my life that I have thought why me? …but [with support and prayers] during that time, we felt like superheroes. Why not us?” (10:33-10:55)
• “I opened four Airbnb’s in four months using the Arbitrage model…[and] I’m so grateful to people who taught me to be creative with financing, who taught me to be creative with contracts.” (33:30-34:28)
Connect with MeiLani Hock:
What is really unique about Avery Carl and the Short Term Shop is that they train each and every one of their clients on how to manage their short term rentals remotely from anywhere, without having to employ a property manager (in short term rental, the average management split is 25-40% of the GROSS INCOME, which is a ton). Learn more by going to https://www.theshorttermshop.com.
Your Voice Matters. We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear from you. Click here to answer a few questions about our podcast: https://airtable.com/shr8fJS0a0uHedcza
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
• Apple Itunes
Our Membership focuses on three pillars: Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care. We provide a financial freedom road map for women to create steady recurring income to live life on their own terms. Start today with our FREE membership level.
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Follow us on:
YouTube: Watch our shows here