Manage episode 242264599 series 2466605
Summary Brian Mayer talks to author and life coach Elizabeth Lewis about dating again. Learn practical tip and things to watch out for especially if it has been a few years since you last dated. Topics like sex and also internet dating are among many topics we tackle on today’s episode. We hope you enjoy today’s message. For more information and additional resources please visit our website at http://www.theremarriedlife.com
- If you are divorced or widowed and not yet back into a solid relationship, then this episode is for you. Dating has certainly changed over the last few years especially in the realm of online dating.
- In her new book called First Date, Next Mate: Perspectives in Dating The Next Time Around, Elizabeth Lewis talks about what inspired her to write the book. Namely, her time jumping back in to the dating world after the passing of her husband. She learned a lot from her own experience and wanted to make sure the same mistakes aren’t made by others.
- She spends some time walking through the internet dating world and give some really helpful tips like making sure your picture is not many years old and that it is appropriately showcasing you and not others for example.
- Elizabeth discusses what she calls the 5 stages of dating that we all go through if a relationships lasts long enough. They are: The Spark, Date and Learn, Deeper Dating, Solid and Real, and The Long Term Commitment. So it isn’t just about what I call The Honeymoon and The Settling In Period as we have been led to believe for so long.
- Elizabeth talks a lot about sex as well. Of course if you are a Christian, then sex after marriage is really the preferred way to go. The bottom though as she mentions and she even says the number one reason in her opinion that next time relationships don’t work out is having sex too soon. She even quoted some very interesting research including that something like 90% of relationships in which sex happens in the first 30 days ends up not working out.
Thanks For Listening!
- With so many things that take time in our lives, I more grateful than you know that you took time to listen to this podcast episode.
- If you liked this episode and believe that it would be beneficial to a friend, family member, or colleague, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
- The Remarried Life Facebook Group is a community of people just like you who get and give support. Please join today!
As always remember that marriage is not something you have, it is something you do. Talk to you next week unless you are binge listening in the future in which case I will talk to you in about a minute! Take care.