Manage episode 226346589 series 2461000
In this conversation, Joe and Denis are joined by Kerry Hannon, AARP’s Job Expert. Kerry is a national keynote speaker, best-selling author, and columnist on personal finance, career transition, and retirement. Her latest books include Great Jobs for Everyone 50+ and What’s Next? Finding Your Passion and Your Dream Job in Your Forties, Fifties and Beyond. Kerry is a contributor and columnist for The New York Times and she writes a weekly column for NextAvenue.org.
Kerry shares her perspective and advice on:
- Interesting work options that people may not consider
- The key challenges workers over 50 face today
- How to best prepare if you want to work longer
- What you should keep in mind if you’re planning a Second Act career
- Why becoming an entrepreneur is an attractive option for some people – and a few important cautions to be aware of
- How innovative employers are leveraging mature workers
- A preview of her new book coming out this spring
For More on Kerry Hannon:
Kerry’s Books mentioned in this episode:
Talk with Us
We specialize in the non-financial aspects of retirement and helping people create meaningful next chapters and second careers. Take a small step towards the Future You today – schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with Denis or Joe on how we may help you.
20 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 34 mins duration .