Manage episode 236902306 series 1769092
Radio and Podcast Host. Brand Mother. Celestial Spirit. Storyteller. Adventure Mentor. Co-Author. Underdog Cheerleader. Promotional Marketing Expert. Podcast Guest Coach.
How we enter this world and our early childhood years are certainly luck of the draw. If there is literally one thing that we don’t have a choice on, it’s who our parents are and the way that they bring us up. Parenting is a massive responsibility which must never be taken lightly. As soon as that incredible little creation enters this world, you need to have your A-game on.
Our guest this week, Alexis Ray, was born in West Palm, Florida, and was the eldest of four siblings. She, in fact, did not know that her ‘Dad’ was not her real Dad until she was a young child.
Life up until the age of 7, was fairly normal, barring her real Dad trying to kill her when she was 2 years old. Her twin brothers were born (to different fathers) when she was seven, and that’s around the age that her step-dad started abusing her. It was a dysfunctional family setup on steroids.
Alexis was a seriously insecure little girl, as you can imagine. She felt that nobody was in her corner or accepting her for who she was. Every day, she’d come home from school and put her hand on the doorknob and fear would run from her tailbone to her head. She never knew what she going to walk into. It was like that :(
While babysitting at 31 years old, sitting in front of a firepit, she had not heard from her parents again for another birthday...It was a rather profound moment in her life because she decided to figuratively divorce herself from her parents. She also decided to change her name to Alexis Ray after reading a book called, Mutant Message Down Under.
A lot of Alexis’ time and life has been spent on re-inventing herself from the inside. However, she also spent decades depressed and was an energy vampire who sucked the air out of the room and life out of her friends. The financial crisis in 2008, killed jobs and it was hard to survive. She was living in Denver, in and out of women and homeless shelters, lifestyling as a crackhead.
In 2009, a call from Australia was the answer to a prayer and she ended up living in Australia for the next 3 years, helping her friend and various other people with branding and marketing to grow their businesses.
Her life is all about sliding doors and pivotal moments. With more than 35 years training, experience and focus on reinventing one's life from the inside-out, her level of spiritual awareness, awakens in others the memory of who they really are...she is living proof that you can truly turn your life around.
It is without a doubt that you will take a massive amount of value from Alexis’ story and her openness to say it how it is.
We hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did.
Let’s find out what it means for Alexis Ray, to be Ridiculously Human.
Your fellow beings,
Craig and Gareth
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect with Alexis Ray: Website | Instagram | FaceBook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn |
- Alexis’ book: WakeUp - Winning No Matter What
- Global Microphone Podcast
- Promotional Angles
Other relevant points discussed and mentioned:
- Heteropaternal superfecundation
- Mutant Message Down Under - Book
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull - PDF
- Tyra Banks Show
- Steve Harvey Show
- Queer Eye - Fab Five
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Thought Field Therapy or TFT by Dr Callahan
- EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique
- Saturn Return
- Rhode Island
- Martha's Vineyard
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Denali National Park
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Coldfoot, Alaska
Right Hook Request
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
We know this is always a big one to ask and you hear it a million times but anything you can do to help us get our podcast out there into the ether will be massively appreciated!
Please tell Your Friends & Share Online
- Subscribe, Rate & Review: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Soundcloud | Google Play | TuneIn | iHeartRADIO |
- Follow us on: Website | YouTube | Medium | Instagram | FaceBook | Twitter | LinkedIn |
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RHP #011: Dr Alex Hynes, Emergency Veterinarian Physician and Business Woman
- RHP #024: Dr Thandi Ndlovu, CEO of Motheo Construction Group and Freedom Fighter
- RHP #025: Dianne McGrath, PhD Researcher and Mars One Astronaut Candidate
- RHP #052: Wanjira Mathai, Youth Leadership Developer, Conservationist, Kenyan Smiler, Storyteller and Chairwoman of Wangari Maathai Foundation
- RHP #062: Emily Penn, Earth Changer, Ocean Conservationist, Artist, Plastic researcher and Assailant, Founder of Running eXXpedition