Manage episode 244476841 series 1769092
Superhumanship, is a bonus podcast series which we run, that is all geared towards authentic leadership. Each week we try to disseminate the wisdom shared by our guests and provide our two cents too.
We believe that in this day and age, we are all leaders and all people of influence. New age leadership, is upon us. So therefore, we need to adapt and all realise we have this amazing opportunity to contribute to this shift in micro-leadership and micro-influence.
This week we spoke about…
- History, why we need to understand it
- Life really is about luck and randomness a lot of the time
- How lucky and fortunate we are to be living now
- Counterfactual scenarios
- Is radical honesty the best way forward
- Adding humour and empathy to rehabilitation
- Not taking life too seriously
- Chance encounters and serendipity
- Taking opportunities when they come your way
- Trust takes time
- Actions speak louder than words
- Having a cheerleader or being a cheerleader for someone goes a long way
- Emulating people you look up to
- Responsibility as a parent. Not to shy away from what we get ourselves into
- There is always somebody out there who cares for you
Personal Development / Reflection / Philosophy:
- Receiving love, can provide bandwidth to think of a brighter future
- Words are very powerful, you can empower yourself and you can disempower yourself in one word
- You’ve got to become who you need to be, in order to have the ability to do what you need to do
- Before we can position ourselves externally, we have to position ourselves internally
- A basis for self-awareness - the four pockets of what we know and don’t know
Education / Work Ethic / Challenge:
- Chronological / Biological Age vs Mental / Intellectual Age
- If you really want something, there is a way! Do the grunt work
- Going above and beyond what is required
- Taking action on your wants and needs
- You can’t just talk, you have to take action
- Do a variety of things, go all in, but you can change often, success can be the change
- It’s honourable to be honest with yourself
Business / Career:
- Why are you working? Is it just to pay the bills?
- How, what success looks like, changes throughout life
Health / Life:
- How to improve your brain health
- Don’t just play things safe!
- Dying with regrets
- Our ability as humans to choose
- The Bambuseae Rhythm Section - Check them out here
Right Hook Request
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
We know this is always a big one to ask and you hear it a million times but anything you can do to help us get our podcast out there into the ether will be massively appreciated!
Please tell Your Friends & Share Online