Manage episode 245329802 series 1769092
Superhumanship, is a bonus podcast series which we run, that is all geared towards authentic leadership. Each week we try to disseminate the wisdom shared by our guests and provide our two cents too.
We believe that in this day and age, we are all leaders and all people of influence. New age leadership, is upon us. So therefore, we need to adapt and all realise we have this amazing opportunity to contribute to this shift in micro-leadership and micro-influence.
This week we spoke about…
Curiosity / Learning
- Being curious means that people are probably going to grow up learning a lot and participating in many things
- Having access to so much information now. We really don’t now how lucky we are!!
- Spending obsessive amounts of time researching things that interest you, rather than wasting a ridiculously amount of time on social media
- We wonder what learning languages will be like in the future with technology being able to translate things for us?
- It’s good to encourage learning a language, as it creates a lot of healthy brain connections in a growing child’s neurologically
- We can only make excuses for a certain amount of things and then we really need to take responsibility in life
- Interesting to consider how much of how we are nature vs nurture
- Understanding your DNA and being aware of potential predispositions
- Being able to ‘edit out’ potential health issues before you are born
Organisation / Planning / Efficiencies
- The importance for countries, organisations, governments, libraries, etc to keep records of things
- What valuable information have we potentially lost out on by not keeping records of the past, or by information being destroyed?
- A good thing about living now and in the future is having everything recorded and online
- How lucky we are to be living in this day and age. Less war, less famine, less poverty, greater sanitation, more forestation
- References: Steven Pinker and Andrew McAfee (More from Less book) Hans Rosling (Factfulness book)
- Understanding history to give us some sort of perspective now and for the future
- References: Yuval Noah Harari is on the right track. Martin Armstrong too - cycles and correlations
- Being grateful for when and where you were born, even if it was not the best place or best of times
People / Community
- How listening to the radio and reading books creates imagination
- Right brain activities are very important for our health and wellbeing
- There is something to be learnt from everyone
- Adjusting your conversation to suit the occasion, is a great skill and awareness to have
- Bridging the gaps between ideas and people
- Having the right support network and mentor in your career
- Keeping good people in your life
- Listening a lot more than you talk
- Being articulate helps to keep people engaged and to have a good debate
- Freedom of expression
- Having an opinion helps us to know what we think and it helps others know what they really think too
- Debating and seeking to be challenged in your thinking
- Investing the time in having tough conversations is the greatest compliment you can pay to someone
- Experimenting and pushing the envelope
- Hard work and showing up each day
- Are you spending enough quality time with your family each day?
- How timing is absolutely everything in life
- The Bambuseae Rhythm Section - Check them out here
Right Hook Request
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
We know this is always a big one to ask and you hear it a million times but anything you can do to help us get our podcast out there into the ether will be massively appreciated!
Please tell Your Friends & Share Online