Manage episode 266982394 series 2513884
In this episode of Good Job, Beth Roars talks to Fabienne Erni and Chrigel Glanzmann from Eluveitie. Eluveitie combines an intriguing mix of Celtic folk and metal, soaring clean vocal and screams. Beth chats to Fabi and Chrigel about Celtic culture, how history writes music and how Eluveitie has evolved into its current lineup.
Podcast Episode Highlights:
- 01.12 - What were Fabienne Erni and Chrigel Glanzmann’s worst jobs?
- 02.09 - Did Fabi and Chrigel always know they would be in the music industry?
- 03.54 - How did Chrigel learn to scream?
- 04.40 - How did Fabi feel about joining Eluveitie when they were already an established band? Did she try to emulate the previous Eluveitie singer?
- 06.32 - How has Chrigel found going through lots of iterations of the band? From both his perspective and the perspective of his fans.
- 08.06 - Why did Chrigel start the band as a recording project?
- 11.05 - Chrigel speaks about Celtic culture in Switzerland
- 12.13 - Where did the name ‘Eluveitie’ come from and what does it mean?
- 13.14 - How does the use of Gaulish affect Fabi when she sings?
- 15.26 - Quickfire
- 16.36 - Fun Fact
- 17.31 - Do Eluveitie define themselves as successful?
- 18.24 - Why do fans connect with Eluveitie’s music?
- 20.26 - What are the best and worst parts of touring?
- 23.17 - Who writes Eluveitie’s music? What is the music-making process?
- 26.19 - If Fabi and Chrigel could wake up with one quality or ability tomorrow, what would it be?
- 26.47 - Advice for people entering the music industry
- Beth Roars: Website YouTube Instagram Twitter Facebook Patreon
- Eluveitie: Website YouTube Instagram Twitter Facebook
- Fabienne Erni
- Chrigel Glanzmann
- Helvetica (Celtic tribe) - Swiss website
- Albert Schweizer, Francois Hollande
- Languages: Gaulish, Swiss-German, Welsh, Cornish, Manx, Scottish Gaelic, Irish
- Nuclear Blast (Label) - Black Water Dawn (Song Eluveitie mention recording)
- Illumishade: Website YouTube Instagram Facebook
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.