Manage episode 274973379 series 2220795
Getting to know Will Batista and Heidi Peters
Heidi is a digital marketing strategist and consultant. She works with Republicans, the candidate campaigns, state parties, and anyone in the political organization looking for digital efforts. Heidi specializes in various causes and online fundraising programs.
Will calls himself a reformed campaigner. He’s been doing political campaigns since he was 14 years old. Will also worked on digital strategy for a few political campaigns, did communications work, and acted as spokesperson for various efforts. Right now, Will is focused on sustainability efforts for a major utility in the Southwest.
Effectively selling a candidate
- Oftentimes, people don’t see the need for political markers. They just vote for whomever they want. At the end of the day, Will and Heidi’s job is to go after the gap made up of those who may not have all the information they need.
- The first step in effectively selling a candidate is to know exactly what they stand for and what the message is. You must identify the strengths you want to push forward.
- Campaigns lose because they lack branding and messaging. It’s not about having the position for every single issue right away, but it’s about knowing who you are right away. Social branding is one of the first steps you need to do if you want to effectively sell a candidate.
- People today need to understand the political market because most of the time, they don’t know the facts.
- There are different marketing strategies for every group of people being targeted.
- Regardless of what you’re marketing, you need to have an overall brand image and brand message. You also need to know how to pivot as well.
- A winning candidate must be confident and authentic. Being confident means when somebody comes at you, it’s not going to knock you off your game. It’s the ability to maintain your brand identity even with the opinion of other people coming down on you.
- Always reflect the value of the people you are representing.
- There are two schools of thought in marketing in the political world: The people who say endorsements don’t matter and those who say endorsements can make a huge difference.
- At the end of the day, people vote based on their personal experience. Treat people with dignity and respect.
“Politics and Sales: How to Effectively Sell a Candidate” episode resources
Connect with Heidi Tagliaferri and Will Batista on Twitter.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse. This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules for free! You can go and visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman empowers remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.