Manage episode 213425452 series 2394118
Crowdfunding Planning Guide
Lack of funds has always been a concern for musicians. In the past, artists tried to fix that problem by getting the attention of record labels. Now you can raise your own capital, involve your fans in the process, and not sacrifice your art or your profits. It is possible to launch and execute a successful crowdfunding campaign. All you will need is a strategy and determination.
Important things to remember:
- Crowdfunding is not just about the funds. It is a marketing tool.
- When crowdfunding, consider costs for merchandise, fees and shipping.
- Crowdfunding is not charity. It is a transaction.
- Average contribution is response to an email is higher than responses to other forms of communication.
- Consider doing a prelaunch video.
- You need an audience, a project, a budget, a plan, and campaign assets.
Revisit the highlights:
04:14 - Why you should crowdfund.10:38 - How to know if you are ready. 24:15 - Deciding on your funding amount. 28:58 - Picking your platform.31:59 - Fixed or flexible funding?34:49 - Picking the perks of the offer. 36:30 - Delegating tasks. 38:31 - Campaign assets.
54 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 36 mins duration .