Manage episode 213425464 series 2394118
Nobody feels like waking up before the sun to go to the gym but when you make a decision and then follow through, eventually you see the results. The same can be said about your music career. If you wait on inspiration to plan the business side of your music career, you’ll be waiting a long time and you’ll be broke even longer. That’s why Leah walks you through WHY you should plan, and also HOW you should plan while using her own music career as the example.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Get help! You can’t (and shouldn’t) do it all on your own. Get help with graphics and web design. Get help with your merch.
- Your revenue goals should make you uncomfortable.
- Set your goals and reverse engineer them to give you your daily action steps.
- Writing your plan down gives you vision and motivation.
- Big goals create actions, actions create progress, progress makes your business happen.
Why take time to plan?
3:25 - Get direction and a clear path.
4:33 - Every Action must have clear purpose. (even experimenting)
5:00 - Keeps you motivated.
6:00 - We need a target
6:34 - We need a big goal.
How should we plan?
7:55 - Set annual
9:12 - Setting revenue goals.
- The goal should make you uncomfortable.
14:05 - Set project goals.
18:00 - Set release goals.
18:45- Setting quarterly goals.
- Turn quartly goals into a to-do list.
Helpful tools to help you get organized:- Evernote, for notes on the go.
- Asan, for team management.
- Google sheets and Google Docs for planning and budgeting.
54 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 36 mins duration .