Manage episode 213425461 series 2394118
Some are saying the new Facebook algorithm is a blow to brands that they may not recover from. It sent companies and content creators into a frenzy. Are these reactions justified? In order to figure out exactly how we should react to the changes, we need to look closer at the reasons for the change, and how to use those changes to our benefit.
Important things to remember.
- Facebook is a business that wants it’s users to have a more enjoyable experience. When people have an enjoyable experience they are more likely to engage.
- Facebook’s new values show you what to do and what not to do if you want your posts to be seen.
- Make sure your feed is a mix of scheduled and spontaneous posts.
- “Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room.” - Jeff Bezos
- An email list is the most reliable way to make sales, and give you more control over how often you connect with your fans.
- The fortune is in the follow up.
Catch the highlights.
3:23 - Facebook as a Business
5:45 - Navigating through facebook’s new values
13:16 - How the new algorithm has helped increase sales
16:57 - Things to stop doing
23:20 - Things to start doing
27:20 - Building a culture around your music
32:25 - Building a Facebook group around your culture
35:38 - Train your following to click the “See First” button
36:40 - Email lists
54 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 36 mins duration .