Manage episode 230014149 series 2303060
Today we are joined by Friedemann Findeisen, a songwriter and songwriting coach. He has written over 1,000 songs in more than 100 styles and also has his own successful YouTube channel, Holistic Songwriting, where he explores various topics related to songwriting. In addition to this, he has also written a book, The Addiction Formula, where he shares his insights into how to ‘crack’ the songwriting code. In today’s episode, Friedemann talks about the book as well as holistic songwriting, which looks at the at various aspects that affect the process of songwriting and the quality of the song that is produced. He also shares some of his success stories, his own songwriting process, and some tips and tricks of the songwriting trade. Join us today to learn some of the ins and outs of how to write a successful song.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Foundations of songwriting and why they are important.
- What holistic songwriting is; more than music.
- The pillars of creating a great song.
- How to know when a song is good and will be a success.
- Why the formula is not only for pop songs.
- Understanding that “commercial” does not have to mean pop.
- Most important tips to make your song addictive.
- Learning how to understand the energy distribution of songs.
- Importance of establishing an image.
- Success stories from Friedemann’s experiences.
- How Friedemann helps other people.
- The problem of incongruency.
- Examples of successful intuitive lyric writing.
- Finding out who your fan avatar is.
- His approach to songwriting.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Friedemann Findeisen — www.holisticsongwriting.com
Friedemann’s Patreon page — www.patreon.com/holisticsongwriting
Holistic Songwriting on YouTube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtD67ljlaeXQMV4sb-YzNA
The Addiction Formula on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/Addiction-Formula-Captivating-Commercial-Songwriting/dp/9082391309
59 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 36 mins duration .