Manage episode 232535024 series 2303060
On today’s episode, Leah and CJ launch a five-part series to delve deeper into why your music isn’t making any money, starting with the website. They reflect on what they’ve discussed in previous episodes, talking about targeting the “superfan" as well as what success in the new music industry looks like and how crucial a website is in all of this. It is easy to think that because of the multitude of platforms available today that a website is not necessary, but as they show, it is clear that a good website is necessary. They talk about some of the misconceptions people have when they are not making money off of their music and how to overcome these mental blocks. Fixing your website and putting in effort and consideration in at the start, means you can fill gaps perhaps you weren’t aware of. CJ and Leah give some simple, yet vital points to help you kickstart a website that excites people and keeps them coming back for more. For all this and much more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The five parts that will help you understand why your music is not making money.
- A success story from the student spotlight series.
- Why even today, with all social media websites, are necessary.
- What happens when you have a bad website.
- Websites are more predictable than other social media
- The importance of a great URL.
- The myths people believe when they don’t make money from their music online.
- Simple tips to improve the quality of your track.
- Being well connected is not the basis for success.
- Which things musicians do wrong on their website.
- Good reasons for using more sophisticated page building sites.
- The importance of thinking about the end user experience.
- Why having good graphic design makes a greater impression.
- Why being consistent across many platforms will help you succeed.
- The difference between mobile friendly and mobile responsive.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leah on Twitter — https://twitter.com/LEAHthemusic
Fivver — http://www.fivver.com/
Superfan — http://www.superfansystem.com
Callsma — http://www.callsma.com
59 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 36 mins duration .