Manage episode 299122217 series 164106
Ethical email marketing is more critical now than ever. People are busy and are constantly getting bombarded with emails and sales messages. Now it's so important to serve and sell in a way that resonates with your subscribers. I have the perfect person on the show to talk about serving and selling in a way that puts the FUN back in email. Kate Doster believes that by having fun and treating people like people, sales will follow.
Kate is the host of the Inbox Besties Podcast and the creator of the Love Your List 2.0 email marketing mega-course. Her obsession with helping ethical entrepreneurs goes back to her copywriting days where she discovered her real love was email marketing. She's helped over 4000 students open the hearts and wallets of small but mighty audiences while using the power of fun email marketing and easy yes mini-offers. Her fun style is contagious, and it's hard not to notice her passion and love of email marketing.
We dive into why email marketing is so important. I'll give you a hint. It's longevity. We talk about engagement and why it's more important than list size. Kate shares some of her secrets for making offers fun and writing for people the way you would talk to people. We tackle the scarcity mindset and why being on your list is a privilege. Kate talks about getting people's attention with value emails, creating sexy lead magnets, and why people buy from people who make them feel good. This episode is about loving the people who have said 'YES' to your list.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Kate Doster thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Join 18,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive
The Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here!
Guest Contact –
- Kate Doster
- Free Weekly Newsletter Topics
- Inbox Besties with Kate Doster
- Love Your List 2.0
- Kate Doster Facebook
- Kate Doster Twitter
- Kate Doster Instagram
- Pelotaunt - SNL
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable resources to help you-
- The Self-Employed Business Institute- You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.