Manage episode 302322168 series 164106
The idea of getting more business through social media is pretty standard, but statistics show that 87% of social media users do not get any direct return on investment. Kim Walsh Phillips uses productivity and ROI measurements for direct response social media marketing. Kim is the founder of Powerful Professionals, a business coaching and education company. She's an MBA-free self-made millionaire, and she's been named #475 in the Inc. 5000.
She's worked with big names like Kevin O'Leary, Dan Kennedy, and Mike Michalowicz. She's also the author of multiple books, including The Ultimate Guide to Instagram for Business and the No BS Guide To Direct Response Social Media Marketing. Kim kicks off this interview with a great analogy of how the three types of lousy marketing are like the three types of bad dates. Just like would-be dates, social media marketers often make the mistake of coming on too strong or not making the ask and staying in the friend zone.
Kim shares her strategy for creating impact with her time and resources by tracking everything and focusing on activities that positively impact and generate a return. She also talks about her system for generating six figures using social media through the acronym MOM, which stands for Magnet, Optin, and Monetize. We talk about the importance of showing up consistently and serving your market. She also explains why we need a business page to scale our marketing efforts. She walks us through her Scale FAST formula, talks about surrounding ourselves with the right people, and more actionable wisdom.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Kim Walsh Phillips thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Guest Contact –
- Kim Walsh Phillips
- Powerful Professionals
- Ultimate Guide to Instagram for Business
- No B.S. Guide to Direct Response Social Media Marketing
- Kim Walsh Phillips Facebook
- Kim Walsh Phillips LinkedIn
- Kim Walsh Phillips Twitter
- Kim Walsh Phillips Instagram
- Mike Michalowicz
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complimentary resources to help you-
- The Self-Employed Business Institute- You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.