Manage episode 231498275 series 1101018
Dave Hollis is husband to Rachel Hollis, father to Jackson, Sawyer, Ford and Noah Hollis and the CEO of the Hollis Company after a 17 year run at Disney left his role as President, Theatrical Distribution for The Walt Disney Studios. Dave looks to take the experiences as global theatrical sales head for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas film to the expansion plans in the next, exciting phase of Hollis Company — focusing on media (books/podcasts/radio/tv), live events and merchandise. Dave drives a 1969 Ford Bronco and intermittently likes the family dog, Jeffrey.
I invited Dave to come on the show to talk about what it’s like to have a massive shift in identity as he flipped his profession upside down to leave a successful career in order to support his wife’s career. I also wanted to learn more about his journey into personal development, as so many of you have asked me how we can get our partners more involved and invested in areas of growth and evolution. I so appreciate Dave showing up to this conversation so OPEN & READY.
Listen in to hear Dave share:
- The challenges that present themselves in the face of massive success
- The power and gift of discipline when life is moving at 100 MPH
- How his identity has evolved as he walked away from his successful career to support Rachel’s career and dreams
- His fears and vulnerability around building a new identity
- How women can get their partners involved and invested in personal development (without nagging & preaching!)
- Why he stopped using alcohol as a coping skill
- What his “ally” tattoo means to him as a straight white man who is fully aware of his white privilege
- A sneak peek into his upcoming book!
- Connect with Dave and Rachel at The Hollis Co.
- Tune into Rachel and Dave’s morning show on Instagram
- Dave on Instagram
- Dave on Facebook
- Rise Podcast with Rachel Hollis
- Rise Together Podcast with Rachel and Dave Hollis
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Lola: Get organic cotton tampons and other hygiene products delivered right to your door. To get 40% off all subscriptions, go to My Lola and use the code SHAMELESS40 at checkout.
- Hylands: Hylands: For more information about Hylands, visit Hylands.
- FabFitFun: To get $10 off your first subscription box (making it only $39.99 for $200 worth of products) go to FabFitFun and use the code SHAMELESS at checkout.
341 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 47 mins duration .