Manage episode 244958861 series 1101018
Jessica Sinarski is a Shameless Mom of 3, a clinical supervisor, consultant, writer, and educator. She is the author of RILEY THE BRAVE (available in English and Spanish) and the founder of BraveBrains, an organization committed to helping adults living and working with children who have experienced abuse, neglect, or significant losses.
Jessica is a thought leader in connecting neuroscience with practice in adult-child relationships and has shared her expertise as a contributor to Fostering Families magazine, Adoptalk, blogs, and podcasts. She has trained thousands of parents and professionals across the country and maintains a private practice in Delaware, incorporating neurofeedback and attachment-based therapeutic models.
Jessica shares some GOLD here as it pertains to our brains, our childrens’ brains, and how we can reverse stress to the brain. I learned so much in this conversation. I think you will too!
Listen in to hear Jessica share:
- The major benefits of understanding brain function - to give you power and massive insight to improve the way you live and parent
- What is the most important thing for moms to know about the brain - for yourselves and your kids
- The impact of stress on a baby/child’s brain - and why it’s reversible
- The power of turning toward our trauma instead of hiding it and/or hiding from it
- Connect with Jessica: Brave Brains
- Take the ACE Assessment
- Book: Parenting the Whole-Brain Child
- Twitter @jessicasinarski
- IG/FB: @rileythebrave
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Literati: For a limited time, go to Literati and use promo code SHAMELESS for $20 off your first box. Plus, kids three and up get a special blacklight pen.
- Everlywell: For 15% off an EverlyWell at-home lab test, visit EverlyWell and enter code SHAMELESS.
- Stitch Fix Kids: Get started today at Stitch Fix to try Stitch Fix and get an extra 25% off when you keep everything in your box! And as a bonus, Stitch Fix will waive their $20 styling fee when you use this show’s special URL!