Manage episode 245685617 series 1101018
Alexia Vernon is the author of Step into Your Moxie: Amplify Your Voice, Visibility, and Influence in the World. Branded a “Moxie Maven” by President Obama’s White House Office of Public Engagement for her unique and effective approach to female empowerment, Alexia’s equal parts practical, poetic and playful delivery style makes her a sought-after speaking and leadership coach, consultant and trainer. Alexia has presented transformational keynotes and corporate trainings for Fortune 500 companies and professional associations, spoken at the United Nations and delivered a TEDx talk. She has gotten her gab on with media including CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Forbes.com. She lives in Las Vegas, Nevada with her partner in business and life, Stephen, and their precocious, wide-eyed, preschool-aged daughter.
Listen in to hear Alexia share:
- How to step into your moxie - and what that means & why it’s crucial
- Why speaking triggers women's shame and self-doubt and how to work through this
- Why speaking to large crowds can be easier than intimate conversations with just a few people
- Why her first 8 weeks of motherhood were the worst weeks of her life
- How she managed and treated her postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD
- How to teach your kids to speak with moxie and why it’s so critical - and her own experience of speaking with moxie when she was molested by a family member
- Join my FREE virtual workshop on November 16th: 5 Mindset Resets You Need To Shine Like A Mother
- Connect with Alexia: Alexia Vernon
- Book: Step Into Your Moxie
- Free Guide: Alexia Vernon
- Social media: @alexiavernon
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Stamps: Right now, my listeners get a special offer that includes a 4-week trial PLUS free postage AND a digital scale without any long-term commitment. Just go to Stamps, click on the Microphone at the TOP of the homepage and type in SHAMELESS.
- EverlyWell: For 15% off an EverlyWell at-home lab test, visit EverlyWell and enter code SHAMELESS.
- Native: For 20% off your first purchase, visit Native and use promo code shameless at checkout.