Manage episode 258307704 series 1911977
Have you ever received one of those connection requests on LinkedIn from a person who obviously has no idea what your business is about?
I have, many times.
Growing your connections on LinkedIn can really pay off, but your success lies in how you go about doing it. And Natalia Wiechowski, LinkedIn strategist, knows exactly how to avoid making mistakes.
I came across Natalia when I was scrolling through the podcast charts looking for an interesting guest, and her name popped up. I immediately knew she has valuable information to share with you.
Before Natalia became a LinkedIn strategist and personal branding expert, she was a doctor of philosophy and worked as a library manager in the United Arab Emirates, but soon moved into marketing. By the time she was 29, she realized that she was living an illusion. “I always thought I’ll be happy in my next job, without understanding what happiness really means to me.” She felt miserable, quit her job, went on a 9-month sabbatical and finally found her dream lifestyle and career.
When Natalia was looking for a professional platform through which she could bring traffic to her blog, she discovered LinkedIn. Today, she is known as the LinkedIn marketing unicorn, was invited by Forbes to join their coaches council and has become a LinkedIn learning author, creating online courses for LinkedIn.
So if you want to grow your audience on LinkedIn but don’t know how, this interview with Natalia is for you.
On this episode of the Sigrun Show, she reveals the strategy behind growing your connections and the 5 steps to increase your following on LinkedIn, plus she talks about how she manages to run her business in two languages.
If you want to learn how to approach a person you want to connect with on LinkedIn using the right message, this episode will help you.
“I needed a platform where people have a brain, where they want to learn and listen to me, not only look at pictures. LinkedIn was it.” - Natalia Wiechowski
What you will get out of this episode:
- Natalia’s journey before she became a LinkedIn strategist and personal branding coach (6:14)
- What attracts Natalia about the United Arab Emirates (7:58)
- How Natalia discovered LinkedIn for herself (10:32)
- Why Natalia started focusing on personal branding (12:13)
- The 5 steps to grow your LinkedIn following (15:31)
- The difference between having a personal page and a company page on LinkedIn (19:40)
- How posting content consistently is key on LinkedIn (21:25)
- The strategy behind growing your connections (23:28)
- How to send out the right message when reaching out (26:08)
- How Natalia makes her business work in two languages (28:25)
Are you inspired to grow your following on LinkedIn? Let me know what strategy you are using and if Natalia’s advice was helpful for you. You can follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Connect with Natalia Wiechowski:
- Think Natalia Podcast
- Natalia’s new book Personal Branding mit LinkedIn
- Natalia on Linkedin
- Natalia on Instagram
Please share, subscribe and review
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Click here to learn how to leave a review, then head over to Apple Podcasts for your chance to win a special thank you gift!