Manage episode 253939468 series 1911977
Born and raised in Bulgaria, Katya Varbanova went to the UK to study law, but after learning how little lawyers make and how much they worked, Katya decided to pivot into retail banking. She became fascinated with Periscope and went live on the social media platform to share her life as a banker. Three weeks later, her followers went from zero to 1,300. Today, as the founder and CEO of 20K Nation—an exclusive community of entrepreneurs and creators—Katya helps her clients become influencers by growing their social media following through viral content.
In this episode, Katya reveals the secrets of going viral on social media. She explains how she was able to grow her followers quickly when she started using Periscope. We talk about the power of collaborating with other content creators and Katya explains how she struggled with impostor syndrome. She also shares tips and advice on how to grow a following on Instagram and Facebook and highlights the importance of creating an “interest-based” account instead of a personal brand.
“To go viral you have to think beyond your ideal customer.” - Katya Varbanova
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Katya catapulted from working in Retail Banking to going viral on Periscope
- The secret to going viral on social media
- The power of collaboration between content creators
- Why she decided to monetize her Periscope group
- The lazy entrepreneur mindset
- Why she recommends that new content creators focus on social media platforms
- How to grow your Instagram followers using an interest-based account
- The reason followers share social media content
- Why she doesn’t put a lot of effort in creating TikTok videos
Connect with Katya Varbanova:
- The Untold Confessions of Network Marketing Gurupreneurs
- Viral Content Templates Bundle
- Katya Varbanova on Instagram
- Katya Varbanova on Facebook
- Katya Varbanova on Twitter
- Katya Varbanova on YouTube
- Katya Varbanova on Pinterest
- Katya Varbanova on LinkedIn
Come to Iceland in 2020 for the Selfmade Summit 2020
Join us for 2 transformational days of online business strategy, mindset breakthroughs and meaningful networking guaranteed to propel your business forward…. In one of the most exceptionally beautiful places in the world.
Early bird tickets are now available for the premier international conference for women entrepreneurs - The Selfmade Summit 2020!
Buy your tickets at www.sigrun.com/selfmadesummit today!
Please share, subscribe and review
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Click here to learn how to leave a review, then head over to Apple Podcasts for your chance to win a special thank you gift!