Manage episode 260959794 series 1911977
Does trading in the stock market sound scary to you?
In difficult times diversifying your income can be very useful, and trading is the option Teri chose nine years ago.
She had been working in the education industry for 10 years, helping to train teachers, working behind the scenes and hiring people who would become trainers themselves, until she ended up being the assistant principal of an elementary school.
Because she was never satisfied with the low salary she received, she would always have side hustles doing things she enjoyed. That’s when she decided to start investing in the stock market.
At first, Teri saw it as a way to supplement her income. But then, she realized that working as an assistant principal wasn’t for her. She looked around for an exit strategy and decided to start trading full time.
“When you’re starting to trade, it takes you 8 weeks to learn. But it takes a year to get consistent,” Teri says, and that is exactly what she did. She became so successful that she could travel to wherever she wanted. Today, she teaches her investment strategies to people around the globe through online classes, while continuing to trade herself.
In this episode of the Sigrun Show, Teri shares her story and explains how she transformed her side hustle into her main source of income. She talks about the strategies she uses when choosing which companies to invest in, why now is the right time to start out and why women are more reluctant to go into trading.
If you are looking to diversify your income or were always curious about making money with the stock market yourself, this episode is a must.
“I started investing in the stock market to supplement my income. Then it became a bigger job with a bigger income, and I made it my full-time thing.” - Teri Ijeoma
What you will get out of this episode:
- How Teri started to have more than one source of income
- How Teri created extra income from commissions
- What Teri did to get started and invest in the stock market
- How long it took Teri to get a consistent income through trading
- The strategy Teri uses when she invests
- What Teri does to diversify her income
- How Teri started travelling and do online trading classes
- Why now is the right time to invest
- Teri’s advice on how to choose what companies to invest in
- How Teri had her first six figure day
- When Teri decides to take out money vs investing money
- The difference between women and men when they invest
- The reason why women are reluctant to start investing
Did this interview inspire you to invest in the stock market yourself, or are you diversifying your income in a different way? I would love for you to share your story. You can follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
My team and I are here to help during these challenging times and have put together a number of free resources to support you and your business.
Connect with Teri Ijeoma:
- Teri’s free webinar on How to Make $1000 in a Day with the Stock Market
- Teri on Instagram
- Teri on LinkedIn
Please share, subscribe and review
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Click here to learn how to leave a review, then head over to Apple Podcasts for your chance to win a special thank you gift!