Manage episode 240225474 series 1911977
Tarzan Kay is a copywriter and launch strategist specializing in helping freelancers and service providers create fun-to-read course launch copy. She is recognized as the Empress of Email and has taught thousands of entrepreneurs how to “package up their magic” and turn it into a profitable launch. Tarzan holds two Bachelor’s degrees and is currently living in Niagara.
Tarzan joins me today to share how she became known as the Empress of Email and why she believes many solopreneurs and entrepreneurs feel uncomfortable about emailing their list. She discusses why your overarching strategy is critically important to your success with email marketing and why email is the best marketing tool for launching new products and services. She also shares what entrepreneurs should - and shouldn’t - consider when measuring your email metrics, the advantages of having a small subscriber list, and how scrubbing your list impacts your open rate.
“Doing well with email is so much more than just writing great email. That’s only one part of it.” - Tarzan Kay
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Tarzan got started with writing email copy for clients
- Why your overarching strategy and goals for your emails are critically important to your success
- Why email marketing often makes entrepreneurs feel uncomfortable
- Why it’s okay for people to unsubscribe from your list
- The advantages of having a small subscriber list
- Why it’s critical to scrub your email list and how often you should do it
- Choosing the right email marketing tool for your business
- What to consider when measuring your email metrics
- How your self-worth impacts your decision to send emails regularly
- Adding fun, authenticity, and personal stories to your email marketing strategy
- How often you should email your newsletter subscribers
- Why you should send an email to your list - even if you’re not promoting a new piece of content
- The type of emails you should send before and during a launch
- Why it’s important to send multiple emails in different formats when launching a product or service
- The importance of developing your own written voice before hiring a copywriter
- How to increase engagement and get feedback from your email subscribers
Connect with Tarzan Kay:
Grab Your FREE Plan Your Profits Success Guide
Are you ready to maximize your profits as an online entrepreneur? Scaling your business and increasing your revenue doesn’t magically happen! It takes planning and strategy to make it happen. Learn how smart, savvy entrepreneurs plan their business for success with my free Plan Your Profits Success Guide.
Please share, subscribe and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Click here to learn how to leave a review, then head over to Apple Podcasts for your chance to win a special thank you gift!