Manage episode 191268570 series 1243822
FOUR CHEESE, MAC AND CHEESE
This recipe was created for a charity dinner we did for Ronald MacDonald house. A community of chefs and volunteers coming together to bring a few rays of happiness to those hoping for cures. Comfort was the word of the day, so no fancy pasta shapes just classic elbow macaroni. I have cheesed it up to give a little twist to the classic. This 50’s dish never ceases to produce smiles, it truly is comfort food in the truest form.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (2% is OK)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese)
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated fontina cheese
- 4 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until just al dente. Drain, saving about 1 cup of the water.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta to prevent it from sticking.
- In a medium size pot, melt the butter, add the flour and whisk for about 4 minutes, just to cook out the raw taste of the flour. Slowly whisk in the milk, making sure it is smooth and creamy. Add the Dijon and the remaining cheeses except for the Parmesan. Whisk to combine and add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the cooked macaroni and stir. Transfer to a large gratin dish or individual serving dishes. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bake at 325F for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Guest: Caren McSherry - Founder and President of The Gourmet Warehouse
2141 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 hours averaging 12 mins duration .