Manage episode 186723648 series 87995
Dates are great—sometimes. But when you add up things like babysitting and eating out, plus the challenge of finding the right time on the calendar... sitting on the couch with Netflix and a killer dessert feels just as special.
In this episode, Tsh talks with co-host Kendra Adachi about dating their spouses. What works for them right now as parents with full calendars, tired bodies, and limited funds? They love their men, but dating them looks differently than when they were younger and tied down to fewer responsibilities.
They say no to classic dating, but they also say yes to lots of creativity—Netflix, sure, but also game nights, neighborhood walks, front porch mornings, and afternoon outings can be killer. Let's celebrate the small ways to spend time with our Special Someones.
Links From This Episode:
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Kendra's blog + podcast, The Lazy Genius Collective
- Kendra on Instagram
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
- The 7 date night mistakes you didn't know you were making
- In defense of skipping date night
- Podcast episode: The Lazy Genius Does Date Night
- The 5 Love Languages test
- My second book, Notes From a Blue Bike
- The Simple Collective Facebook group
- From New York Times, the Sullivan Street bread recipe
- ....and watch Tsh's video series, The Honest Truth About Simple Living!
149 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 35 mins duration .