Manage episode 187253404 series 87995
We’ve all been there: you settle in with a big book or a longer article, and you just can’t seem to concentrate. Your brain flits from topic to topic, refusing to settle down and focus.
The inability to consume longer-form content is becoming an actual problem in our modern era of smartphones, screens everywhere, and billions of quick soundbite-sized content thrown at us every second. Tsh and co-host Haley talk about keeping brains sharp, eyes focused in a world of memes, GIFs, and tweets.
Then, a new short series called How You Do You.
Links From This Episode:
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Haley's blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley's podcast, Fountains of Carrots
- Haley on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh's Alarm clock
- Mercury extension for Chrome
- Longer-form podcasts: Constitutional, Longform, The Liturgists, Overdue
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Kristin Lavransdatter
- The Turquoise Table, by Kristin Schell
149 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 35 mins duration .