Manage episode 212380394 series 2394563
Amy E. Herman is the founder and president of The Art of Perception, Inc., a New York-based organization that conducts professional development courses to leaders around the world including at the FBI, CIA, Scotland Yard, and the Peace Corps. Herman was also the Director of Educational Development at Thirteen/WNET, the educational public television station serving New York and New Jersey, and the Head of Education at The Frick Collection for over ten years, where she oversaw all of the Collection's educational collaborations and community initiatives.
Join us as we have a fascinating conversation with Amy about:
- Biases - are they useful?
- How can we recognize biases and they use them?
- What does it mean to be the dog?
- What does it mean to be the wolf?
- Can you ride a dolphin, wolf hybrid through the ocean?
- so much more...
She recommends a book by Daniel James Brown titled, The Boy in the Boat