Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on November 23, 2018 13:38 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 172382563 series 12330
Episode 190 - Burnout
- Why the topic of burnout?
- Because it affects all of us, and yet it’s not talked about much in this field
- Disclaimer: We am not a doctor. Or a psychiatrist or psychologist. Nor did we stay in a holiday inn express...
- Reason for sabbatical
- Martin’s story
- Personal Connection
- Symptoms may mirror depression
- “The Creeping Malaise”
- Panic Attacks, etc
- Isolation - even while in a crowd
- Physical symptoms
- It’s been around for a long time. http://www.secburnout.org/ & http://www.slideshare.net/secburnout/burnout-in-information-security are from 2011/12
- Recognizing Burnout
- “It won’t happen to me”
- “I just have to make it through this busy season and this end of quarter and the end of FY and…”
- “Everybody else is exactly the same…”
- Conferences are not vacations and shouldn’t be seen that way. Cons can be very hard work.
- Easy Traps
- Outdoor hobbies
- Just get outside and away from screens
- A physical, people you can talk to in person community
- Exercise & diet
- Creating and enforcing boundaries (emotional and physical)
- Mitigation Strategies
- Not liking your job or employer (that’s quite the opposite problem, actually)
- Just hard work for a little while
- What burnout isn’t…
139 episodes available. A new episode about every 23 days averaging 28 mins duration .