Manage episode 174571754 series 12330
Today's Topic: Security Waste - Buying new tools without maximizing use of current tool set
It’s not just a security problem but we often add to our arsenal without fully (or even mostly) utilizing the tools that we do have.
Problems associated with this are:
- Have more complexity in your environment
- Needing more staff or requiring current staff to stretch themselves thin to support differing tools
- Increased cost (capital, operational, support)
- Information overload - even with a SIEM more data requires more analysis
- Increased chance of missing key events
- Increased false positives
- What am I missing?
How do we work through this when you’re not the decision maker?
- “Operational Excellence” - Martin’s story
How do we work with our vendors to ensure that we are leveraging their tools without over dependence on one tool or vendor?
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 27 mins duration .