Manage episode 221095995 series 2391639
Co-Hosts: Judy Gaman, Dr. Mark Anderson, Dr. Walter Gaman
Guest: No guest
- What is a goal and how does it differ from a wish
- Goals we have had for ourselves in the past – accomplished/not accomplished
- What constitutes a good goal – SMART goals
Researchers out of the University of Utah found that people with ADHD have a 2 times higher likelihood of developing early onset Parkinson’s disease. 11% of American children (4-17 years old) have been diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Researchers report that this is the first time where a childhood disease and its treatment may be linked to a geriatric expression of neurodegenerative disorder.
Call us at 844-WELL100
Coming up, health specific goals that will help get you back on track.
- The roll your physician should be playing in your health goals
- Goals for diabetics – SMART goals
- Goals for arthritis patients – SMART
- Goals for heart disease patients
- Goals for healthy weightloss
- Goals for better sleep
- Goals for exercise
- Goals for better hormonal health
Medical Mania Trivia Amy
- True or False. The bubonic plague has been eradicated? (False. It still infects people)
- Hepatitis A affects which organ in the body? A. The Brain B. The Liver C. The Pancreas D. The Stomach (B. The Liver)
- True or False. The DTaP vaccine protects against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis. (True)
- Human growth hormone (HGH) is produced by which gland in the body. The Pituitary B. The Thyroid C. The Testes D. The Mammary (A. The Pituitary)
- A nephrologist is a doctor who specializes in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases affecting the _________. A. The nerves B. The Liver C. The Kidneys D. The lungs (C. The Kidneys)
Last week’s riddle: When I’m alive, I blend with the color of rocks and sand. I turn red with the help of a human hand. You make like me or hate me but either way, you have probable ate me. A. A Lobster
This week’s riddle: You see a boat filled with people it has not sunk but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why not?
Thank you for listening to the Staying Young Show! With all the mixed messages on health, you need information that you can use and that you can trust. Listen in as the experts discuss all topics health related. It's time to STAY YOUNG and stay healthy! Each week we tackle a topic and often with leading scientists, best-selling authors, and even your favorite celebrities! As a listener of our show, your input is important to us. Please take a moment to fill out this quick survey so we can serve you better - Survey
For more information on The Staying Young Show, please visit our website, and subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app.
You can also reach out to our host, Judy Gaman on www.judygaman.com for book purchasing, and speaking opportunities in your area!
1263 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 14 mins duration .