Manage episode 237872564 series 2394684
Menachem Brodie is an exercise scientist, USA Cycling Expert level coach and USA Triathlon certified coach, and a graduate of an American College of Sports Medicine Accredited program with a bachelors in Exercise Physiology.
He also has experience working in physical therapy, Emergency Medicine, and even with sports like basketball and CrossFit.
By now, you've noticed that I love speaking with guests on the podcast with a wide diversity of experiences. And Menachem clearly fits the mold.
Today, we're discussing strength training for endurance runners.
More specifically, we're focusing on:
- The value of having a strength and conditioning certification (but why experience also matters)
- Strength work for rehabilitation vs. performance
- The lifting differences between endurance runners and cyclists
- How to think about strength training periodization
- Thoughts on fitness classes like Orange Theory, boot camp, Body Pump, etc.
As the author of two strength training courses offered on the Training Peaks site, Menachem is uniquely positioned to offer us new perspectives on weightlifting for runners.
106 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 42 mins duration .