Manage episode 238255316 series 2394684
Matt Phillips is a running injury and performance specialist from England who's written for most major media platforms and has spoken at numerous international conferences. You might recognize him!
He's a massage therapist, video gait analyst, and is also the host of the Run Chat Live Podcast (I was recently a guest here!).
In this conversation, we're covering a lot:
- When is gait retraining a good idea? Who should consider it?
- What are the risks of trying to improve your form?
- Are the risks of prolonged sitting substantial? How can we work around this?
- Can you reinforce proper running technique without trying to?
- What aspects of this topic have changed in the last 10 years?
If you'd like to reinforce proper form, improve your efficiency, and make running more economical you can do so using "form cues." They are simple to implement ways of automatically improving your gait.
105 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 42 mins duration .