Manage episode 252357672 series 1750476
Steve Villanueva is an entrepreneur with a history of success in multiple industries. And, like at least 40% of men, he’s also less than 5 foot 9 inches tall. Frustrated with clothes that just weren’t made to fit short men, Steve set out to find a better way to design clothing for this underserved market. The things he discovered in his research and the unique approach he’s taken with his brand, Otero Menswear, may surprise you.In the interview (which you’ll love), we will cover:
- Why not studying fashion in school may have given Steve an advantage;
- One reason even the most talented designers can fail when they launch their brand;
- One of the most important steps Steve took FIRST;
- The cultural issue that drove their design concept;
- Why it’s not just about making things shorter;
- What Steve discovered about over 90% of men that helped his brand take shape--Literally!
- Why Otero’s business model is difficult for retail… And why they forged ahead with it anyway;
- The marketing challenges Steve wasn’t expecting;
- What he credits for Otero’s miniscule number of returns;
- Steve’s new strategy to change the retail game;
- And more!
For the full show notes, including links to the people and resources mentioned, head to the Successful Fashion Designer website!